Irish moss smoothies have become a daily treat for us (as long as I blend it properly and we’re not faced with lumps of it in our cups :-). There are some many uses and health benefits from this superfood of the sea, which I’ll go into more in a future post, but for now, this is a quick video to show you how to actually make Irish moss gel at home, that you can then easily use in your smoothies, puddings, ice creams and more.
Here’s how you make Irish moss gel 🙂
1. Soak the dry moss in plenty of water for 4-24hrs then rinse 3-4 times
2. Then drain and boil in twice as much water for 5 mins and then simmer for 10mins (so if you have 2 cups of soaked moss boil it in 4 cups of water).
3. Once cooled, blend everything in the pan into a thick smooth liquid.
4. Pour into a glass jar and once cooled in the fridge you’ll have a thick Irish moss gel.
5. You can blend this gel with coconut milk, linseed (flaxseed), mixed spice, banana (plus a sweetener like honey or maple syrup) into a yummy smoothie.
Enjoy family and remember to use the yellow box on this page to join my free Naturally You Mailing List to get a free recipe book with 10 more yummy smoothie, juice and salad recipes
Take care and stay healthy
The Naturally You Coach
About the Author: Leah Salmon, The Naturally You Coach, is a best selling author of 6 books, editor of The Naturally You Magazine, founder of Amun University, a whole foods and personal development coach, raw food workshop teacher and homeschooling mother of 6. Leah helps culturally focused mothers of colour create a nourished and fulfilled life, using personalised dieting planning with whole foods and her signature 7 step Naturally You Coaching program and MA.M.A circle. Join her FREE mailing list by scrolling right to the bottom of the page to get a Free Top Ten Health Boosting Recipes Book