Are you fed up of overnight oats breakfast?
Do you want to jazz up your morning meal?
Is it time to give yourself a break from cereal, toast and coffee everyday?
Then why not try out this delicious, nutrient rich, raw vegan breakfast pudding!!!
To boost your Omega 3 fats for brain health and gorgeous skin and hair, add this recipe to your weekly meal plan. I don’t use vanilla beans often due to convenience, but they were worth it in this recipe.
Vanilla Chia Pudding
¼ cup of chia seeds
1 ½ cups of fresh almond or coconut milk
1 vanilla pod
3tbsp of honey or maple syrup
You’ll need to: First you need milk, you can make your own nut milk or use shop bought milks. The homemade ones are quite simple and have a cleaner taste, but for convenience, just buy the unsweetened almond or coconut milk in cartons (not tinned coconut milk)
For almond milk – soak 1 cup of almonds overnight, drain off the water then blend in 3 cups of water and strain
For coconut milk use 1 cups of desiccated coconut or the flesh of half a brown coconut and blend with 3 cups of water and strain
Next stir the 1/4 cup of chia seeds into 1 1/2 cups of the milk and leave them to soak for 10-15mins.
Once soaked, slice the vanilla pod open and scrap the seeds out and stir into the chia seeds well, then stir in the honey or maple and serve.
Leah’s Pro Tips:
- Even though I’m referring to it as a breakfast, it can definitely be used as a dessert or snack too
- Soaked chia seeds can last in the fridge for about 5-6 days, so you can soak large batches, keeping the ¼ cup of seeds to 1 ½ cups liquid ratio, and keep them in a seal container in the fridge to quickly add to smoothies and puddings.
- Tis is enough for one adult or 2 children, so to make more, just double or triple the ingredients accordingly
- This tastes great topped with fruit fruit like berries, mango or bananas
- To make this meal even more nutritious, you can blend 1tbsp of sea moss gel or pea or hemp protein powder into the milk before adding the chia seeds
This recipe was taken from my bestselling book
Leah’s Raw Food Feast, which includes over 100 simple and delicious raw vegan recipes
Please comment below with your thoughts on this recipe, I’d love to hear from you!!!
Much love, Take care and stay healthy
Take care and stay healthy
The Naturally You Coach
About the Author: Leah Salmon, The Naturally You Coach, is a bestselling author, speaker, nutritionist, live blood analyst and life coach, focused on womb & pregnancy health and premature birth prevention & on a mission to help 100,000 black women to eat for health, think for happiness and live in harmony by 2020 or what she calls Becoming Naturally You. She does this through her clinic, books, programs, coaching, events, workshops, videos, articles and a free weekly ezine.